Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Updates

It has been an eventful week, all around...

Yesterday, I ended up on the labor and delivery floor at the hospital. I called the doctor's office about this pain I was having in my belly, and they said I should go to this place The Loft (it ended up being the antenatal wing). I told the nurse over the phone that I was at work and couldn't make it there until 3:30ish. She left a message with directions and said that she advised me to leave work as soon as possible.

Well, that just freaked me out. I imagined going into labor and having this baby right there... and at 22 weeks, he/she just wouldn't make it. I left work when I could (in tears) and got there as fast as I could.

I waited 45 minutes for a bed to open up!! Then I was hooked up to a fetal heart rate monitor (what a reassurance... I was starting to worry that there wasn't anyone in there anymore) and a contraction monitor. I got to watch Dr. Phil and the Ellen show, and took a nice little nap when I should have been teaching.

It turned out that I was not in fact having contractions. It seems as though I strained a muscle in my abdomen. It sucks and really hurts, but at least it isn't something worse! Nothing at all is wrong with the little bambino!

Pictures coming soon... this belly is starting to get big. It finally sticks out further than my chest, which ain't small potatoes either. (I had to buy new bras again, and cannot believe the size on this thing).

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad everything is ok! That happened to me too, at around 26 weeks...turned out I had strained muscles from the flu. So we ended up in downtown Trenton at 3 AM for nothing. :)