Friday, November 30, 2007

The Bad Mommy Chronicles, V 2 and 3

Let me preface all this by stating that I am getting a cold. That plays a factor in each of these stories.

We are doing what's called "Cry It Out," sort of. We let A cry himself to sleep--if he is getting too upset, I go in to help him out. If he cries for more than 4 minutes, I go in to help him out. The idea is to get him able to go back to sleep on his own so that if he stirs at night, he doesn't need to call us to help him get back to sleep.

Last night, he woke around midnight. I fed him. Around 1, he woke again. I let him cry, heard him stop and figured he was back to sleep. At some point, he started crying again and I just fell asleep while timing him.

I'm alleviating my guilt (and this is true, so I'm not lying to myself here) by telling myself that if something was wrong or if he really needed us, he would have yelled loud enough to really wake me up. In truth, this is how cry it out works.

So that's today's story 1. Today's story 2:

I was really congested in my nose so decided a hot shower was in order (plus it was time for me to get started on my day). I started to strap A into his bouncy seat, as always, and feel a trickle coming out of my nose. Before I had a chance to do anything about it, I dripped snot on his shoulder!

This poor kid!

0 comments: