Monday, March 24, 2008

The Bad "Easter Bunny" Chronicles.

I am a bad mommy. I didn't do an Easter basket for my son. Ok, I know I'm not really a bad mommy, but it sure is the way I'm feeling after seeing lots of other infant mommies doing it.

I didn't take any pictures on Easter either.

Terrible Mommy!

But we did have an interesting Easter. We got up to go to Church, forgetting that Easter Sunday brings out all the people who don't typically go to Mass. The Boy and I pulled in, tried to find a spot, and the only available parking was in the back and down the road. I decided that carrying a baby who was starting to fuss, and doing so in high heels, at least half a mile and then probably not getting a seat just wasn't on my agenda for the day. So in addition to being a bad mommy, I'm a bad Catholic too. Alas.

We then hung out at home for awhile before going to meet Mom Mom for lunch. A did so great; we put him in his seat in a booth, and he was entertained for the most part by his spoon. (That's his thing lately--holding on to long, thin objects. Favorites include: Daddy's Chap-Stick, his spoon, his brush, cat teasers, and pens.) He was really content in his chair for most of our meal.

So despite the lack of a visit from the Easter Bunny, we had a great day here at the Feisty house.

(Plans are in the works for an Easter egg hunt for A's friends next year!)

0 comments: