Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A day in the life of A's mom

A's feeding schedule was a little off last night, so he went to bed later than we've been putting him down the past few days. He ate at 8, again at 9 (to put him to sleep) and was asleep in his crib by 9.

He must have had a bad dream because he woke around 10:45. M went in to calm him down, and then A slept until 4am. He woke again for a feeding around 6:30, and woke up at 7:45 or 8.

I decided that I was sleepy and hit the snooze button a few times after it went off at 7am. I ended up getting out of bed at 7:30. I went downstairs and pumped my very engorged boobs... I got almost 5 oz from the side he hadn't used most recently. As I was pumping, A started to wake.

I went in and changed him, said good morning, and sang to him while I changed his clothes. We then went in the bathroom for Mommy's shower. A loves to sit in his bouncy seat while I do so--I think the exhaust fan in the bathroom is comforting to him, as is the running water. I usually sing to him and tell him what we're going to do for the day.

By the time I was dressed and dry, A was getting sleepy. His new swing is amazing--he must be so comfy in it because he's happy hanging out in there even when he is awake.

While he napped, I made my grocery list and planned out our dinners for the week. I also made my lunch. As it cooked, he woke again. I put him in his Bumbo seat, which he also likes as long as he is wide awake, and ate my lunch. I heard the TELLTALE SOUNDS of poop. When I was finished my lunch, I picked him up and began to feed him... forgetting about those TELL TALE SOUNDS!! As I curled my right arm around him, I felt something STICKY... sure enough, he had pooped out his diaper, through his onesie (although there wasn't much actually on it!), and through his pants. Ugh. I had to figure out how to burp him without getting crap on the Boppy pillow all while thinking how I was going to get these nasty clothes off of him without having to give him a bath. I managed, though, using about 50 wipes.

And we were off to the grocery store. Alex fell asleep in the car, and as usual, woke as I was heading to the checkout lane. He always screams in the checkout lane.

Home, Jeeves!! As we pulled out of the grocery store, he was asleep again. I pulled in the garage, took him in and started to unload. With the first trip in, he was yelling again. **SIGH** I got everything in the house, threw the refrigerator stuff in there still in bags, and tended to my screaming child.

At some point in the afternoon, we read Green Eggs and Ham upstairs. Around that time, I changed A and accidentally wiped poop from his diaper on his onesie... Outfit #3 made its appearance!

Eventually, it was naptime again. This swing is definitely my salvation, since I cannot get this child to take a nap for longer than 15 minutes in his crib.

I mopped most of the floors downstairs using a real mop rather than the Swiffer Wet Jet. Ewww, dirty mop water. Guess the Swiffer WetJet isn't doing its job well enough. I also vacuumed the family room carpets. YAY--all my chores for the day were done and then some. At some point, we went upstairs for some downtime--A hung out in his Bouncy seat and I read my book.

As the last of the floors was drying, M came home from work. Soon after, A woke up smiling. we chatted for awhile, then I went to make dinner. Midway through, A wanted to eat, so M finished cooking.

0 comments: