Saturday, October 20, 2007

A schedule

I never thought I'd figure out his schedule, but I definitely have. Whenever he cries and we are out, women say "Oh, he must be hungry." I think in my head, "your kids are probably obese... a crying baby is not necessarily a hungry baby!" Of course I have far too much couth (HA HA HA!!!) to say such a thing out loud, and just smile and nod.

When he fusses, he's usually tired. We were out at the mall today, and I fed him and about twenty minutes later, he started fussing. Clearly, the poor kid was tired, even though his eyes were wide open. By the time we walked to the car, his eyes were drooping and he was sound asleep by the time we left the parking deck.

There's a theory that one can learn a baby's cries to tell what he needs. I felt that I knew my Godson's hungry cry pretty well, but have been pretty much unable to figure out A's. But I guess there's something to be said for instinct, and I DEFINITELY know his tired and cranky yell.

0 comments: