Wednesday, April 2, 2008

In other news...


Since A is a super sleepy head today, let me tell you about my kitties... my first babies!

We have developed a fly problem in our basement. We suspect it is related to the dead mouse problem, also in our basement. Last night, one of the flies made its way upstairs. Mitten was around and saw it, but I guess she realizes that not only is she not as young as she used to be, but that she is also partly broken. I saw her tearing around for a few minutes, and then she went away. After he came trotting in, I figured that she went to go get Catcher. They gave it their most valiant effort, but M ended up killing it with a towel when it made its way ALL the way upstairs.

But then, today is another day, and round two of cat vs. fly (these are big, black suckers. They startle me every time I see them). Mitten was again, on deck. She didn't wait long, though, to go wake Catcher from his nap. He came in, looked at me, and mewed... so I showed him where I saw it go last, and he has been sitting near the sink (where it has been trying to get out the window) ever since.

It's funny--back in her insect chasing days, Mitten would eat the bugs. Catcher, on the other hand, is the more vindictive type, and PLAYS with them!

0 comments: