Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick baby

Poor A woke up with the sniffles. It's gotten progressively worse over the course of the day. Little guy was miserable this evening, and I could barely get him to nap. He napped at the grocery store (so probably about an hour) and then M was able to put him down around 4 (another hour).

I was at my wits' end this evening, though, and couldn't get him to nap for anything. Finally, I decided to lay on the couch and snuggle with him. He seemed to like it, but wasn't going to sleep. Then I put him on my chest. He seemed to like that even more, but still no sleep. Finally, I shut off the light over my head and he was asleep within minutes.

Our son has not napped on either of our chests since he was probably about 3 months old. Although we very much love it, we didn't want to encourage bad habits. So, it was nice to get to do that tonight. I learned by this that my son's feet are always moving. I've noticed that he moves his foot at the ankle while he nurses, but he apparently does the same thing in his sleep. Too cute!

0 comments: