Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sick :o(

I have been dealing with a sore throat for about a week. It really felt like the canker sores I often get in my throat, so wasn't too concerned. On Friday, I started with soreness on the other side of my throat and it developed into the sniffles. We were at the mall and I had to stop at CVS for some Lotiony tissues.

This morning, we woke up and M said, "He's been coughing an awful lot this morning." Sure enough, our little boy has his first cold. His nose is so gunky (and it's CERTAINLY due to that snot drop on his shoulder the other day!) and he doesn't want to sleep alone for long at all. We're lucky to have gotten ONE good nap today.

He's napping on M's chest right now, and it's so sad listening to him breathe. My poor little guy is so tired too. I don't know what kind of night we're in for tonight.

Last night, we continued with Cry It Out (CIO), not knowing he was getting sick. He did well, except for his 3:30 waking. He cried for 45 minutes (with us periodically checking on him) before he finally fell back to sleep. It's hard to listen to him cry, but hopefully this will teach him to put himself back to sleep when he awakens at night. We're going to have to stop this process and start again later when he is feeling better, I guess.

We also have a pediatrician's appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully, A is doing well on his growth charts and is on track to be 6' tall (HA... maybe when pigs fly).

In other news, we have primed three of the four walls in our family room. I hope to get more done tomorrow or Tuesday and then start painting the walls! WOOHOO; this project should be finished in time for Xmas!

Speaking of Christmas, the menu is planned, some of our presents are purchased (we have a few people completely finished) and lots of presents are on their way (ahh, the beauty and wonder of the internet!).

0 comments: