Sunday, January 6, 2008

Summer 2008

It's not uncommon for me to start dreaming of summer at this time of year. This year is a little different, though, and in a lot of ways. First, I have not been on a beach, with the exception of a quick trip in the FL Keys in January, since August 2006. That is a very long time for this "shorechick" to be away. It was just too much for my very swollen self while I was pregnant; especially when considering the pins and needles I had in my hands when I drove near the end.
Second, there are no vacations in sight for us for a very long time. The beach vacations of which I dreamed in past years are just that...dreams. Finally, summer of '08 will mean I'm getting ever so close to going back to work. In fact, if I find a supervisor's job, I will likely begin that in July.

Nonetheless, I'm summer dreaming already. I'm starting to think about A's first birthday party. I'm having visions of him toddling around (!!) and maybe even going on the boat. I'm hoping to go waterskiing and teaching M to do it too. And of course, I'm trying to figure out the logistics of taking myself, A, and all our crap to the beach. I hope he's better at finding sand crabs that I am, but I think his Grampy will be great at helping him find them!

0 comments: